Innerleithen Church

There has been a church presence in Innerleithen from the 12th century – The current church building was opened on 18th August 1867. It was originally built to a design by Pilkington but was altered in the 1880’s when the steeple was removed, the chancel and bell tower added. It is a Grade B listed building. Recent refurbishment inside and repairs to the outside have brought improvements appropriate for the 21st century.

There is disabled access and facilities. As well as the central worship space, there are meetings rooms, a kitchen, and toilets. The local ancient runic cross (partial) shaft is on display in the old Session room which is now one of the entrances to the building. There is parking at the front of the building as well as the public car park opposite the church gateway.