Although this 18th century Grade B listed building is not on the original site of the older buildings, it still marks an area that has seen over 900 years of continuous Christian worship. A building was first written about in the 12th century and was named for St. Bride. At the time of the Reformation it was renamed Traquair Kirk and regularly moved between Presbyterian and Episcopal forms of worship and governance – in 1690 the Church of Scotland became Presbyterian. There is a Stewart family Aisle which, along with the main church building, benefited from Lottery money funding (2000) to restore and improve the fabric of the building.
When Kailzie chapel was sold (2001), the Cree Memorial stained glass window from there was installed into the window of the vestry at Traquair. This church building does not have disabled access and does not have main water or sewage facilities. There is a (chemical) toilet next to the vestry. There is limited parking on the road along the church grounds wall. Just along the road is a small public car park next to the church graveyard and the council graveyard.